2020 Rate Increase – Effective February 10, 2020
To Our Valued Customers:
The last few years have been very challenging for all of us in the transportation industry. Although fuel costs immediately come to mind, those costs have been somewhat offset by fuel surcharges that have been applied by all the truckers and airlines.
However, there are areas that have strongly impacted our cost of doing business. Some of these include:
- Extremely large rate increases in all forms of insurance – health, workman’s compensation, liability, and cargo.
- Significant price increases for tractors, trailers, forklifts, tolls, etc. The new tractors must meet new emissions standards.
- Increasing employee wages. This is necessary to keep our current employees and to attract new employees to an industry that suffers from an ongoing shortage of qualified drivers.
- The expense of training and equipment to comply with TSA security requirements.
- DOT E-log mandate on drivers on and off duty hours.
- NET 45 payment Terms not being met- this will be FIRM in 2020.
For Accelerated to continue providing each of you with the level of service that you have come to expect, we must adjust our line haul network rates to compensate for these ever-rising costs.
The increase on February 10th, 2020 could include the following:
- Increase Line Haul rates
- Increased cartage rates
- Increasing Mileage Point Rates
- Across Accessorial Charge Increase
- Adding over-sized cargo fees
We believe it is important to our customers and the entire air cargo industry, that companies such as Accelerated, Inc. remain fiscally sound. It is the only way that we will be able to supply you with quality service as well as provide a secure future for our employees.
We appreciate your support and look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship as we move forward.
Updated Rates will be available upon request starting February 20th, 2020.
Please direct any inquiries to Rates@AcceleratedUSA.com.