Founded in 1977 in Nashville, TN
- After spending a short amount of time in Nashville as a District Manager, Barry Pearse returned to the city in 1977 with his new bride and an idea for a cartage company. With only 2 vans and a former operations manager, Accelerated Inc. was launched into the industry. Through continuous hard work and an acquisition Barry Pearse has been the one responsible for the growth of the company over the years. As of today, Barry Pearse still remains CEO and sole owner of Accelerated, Inc.
- Accelerated continued to grow into a large and successful cartage company. Over time, courier work and airfreight delivery allowed the company to expand north into Kentucky and because of this it had become the largest pick-up and delivery company in Nashville.
Atlanta Expansion in 1995
- In 1995, the company continued to expand as it began operating a line haul operation into Atlanta.
- In 1996, the second Accelerated terminal was opened in Memphis after the multiple requests from a large number of customers.
- In 1997, a third terminal was opened after the Atlanta terminal had grown too large for an agent operation.
- In 1998, a fourth terminal was added in Huntsville, AL. Service agents were also added to Knoxville and Chattanooga.
- In 1999, Birmingham was added.
Chicago Expansion in 2001
- In 2001, international customers made a request for service to Chicago. Service to ORD was launched and was an instant success. Today, it still one of the most utilized lane segments within the Accelerated system.
Dallas Expansion in 2003
- In 2002, expansion continued with the launch of service to the Dallas/ Ft. Worth airport.
- In 2003, due to the strength of demand in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area a Company terminal was opened in DFW airport.
- In 2006, expansion continued with the launch of service in the Houston area and the IAH terminal was opened. Additionally in 2006, a terminal was opened in the Charlotte region as well as an agent in Greenville, SC. (GSP).
- In 2007, a need to expand service into Greensboro, NC was identified. This service was run directly from the Charlotte office. After months of service into Greensboro, there was an additional need to continue service into Raleigh. At that point, agents were added in GSO and RDU while expansion continued throughout the Carolinas.
Washington D.C. Expansion in 2007
- In late 2007, Accelerated began looking at building service up the Atlantic coast. Knowing that Washington- Dulles was one of the largest export cities, Accelerated saw potential in expanding service to this area. A terminal was opened in IAD in late 2007.
- In 2008, with the success of IAD, there was demand for service both in and out of Baltimore and Philadelphia. Service was set up with agents at BWI and PHL while service was run directly out of Washington- Dulles.
More Expansion on the Horizon
- With a presence in Miami since 2004, offering in-bound service only, it finally became possible for Accelerated to handle this lane both North and South with its own fleet, beginning August 2009. With Northbound freight out of Miami, Accelerated has been able to put together a service network, allowing next-day service into ATL and MEM, and second-day to every other station from MIA.
- Under continued direction of Barry Pearse, together with his management staff and Brook Pearse, President, it is certain that Accelerated, Inc. will continue to expand
- July 1st, 2010- Florida market continued to cultivate with adding agents in Orlando & Tampa to allow better distribution of freight and add additional coverage to our network
- June 1st, 2011- Accelerated moves into the Ohio Valley with an agent in Cincinnati, OH.
- February 6th, 2012- With our great customer support, ACC was able to open its own office in Cincinnati, OH making this our 10th company owned office
- July 3rd, 2012- Mobile, AL is added to our Alabama network
- February 1st, 2013- Brook Pearse named President of Accelerated Inc.
- May 17th, 2013- ACC proud to announce opening its 11th company owned station in Raleigh, NC.
- January 1st, 2014- ACC proud to announce opening its 12th company owned station in Indianapolis, IN
- May 2014- Accelerated Inc moved into Columbus,. OH
Expansion is sure to continue………………..where will Accelerated Inc. be next?!